Thanks goes to Holly of Woman Tribune for introducing me to Ping.fm. Coming back online and having to juggle the many duties of an online publisher and internet marketer, any tool to help you work more effectively and efficiently is very important.Thanks to Zeke Camusio of The Outsourcing Company for this great summary of the benefits of using Ping.fm for your business & how to get started.
Ping.fm helps entrepreneurs save time
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a personal assistant JUST to send updates to your social networking sites? Don’t you wish you had ONE easy tool that would automatically update your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts ALL at once?
You don’t have to look any further because you can find all that and MORE with this free and user-friendly service. Ping.fm is your virtual personal assistant when it comes to social networks.
How Ping.fm Benefits Your Business
• Allows you to easily and quickly market your company, products and services – makes a big impact on your branding!
• Saves you time and money – your own social networking “virtual assistant” at your fingertips!
• A great way to interact with thousands of new people (potential customers and clients) easily– allows you to stay on top of your networking/status updates!
The Basics Behind Ping.fm
Ping.fm allows you to update your social networks simultaneously. What’s the catch? Just sign up for a free account and you’re ready to get started!
Ping.fm incorporates all facets of the latest and greatest technology. If you’re waiting to catch a flight to France, you can update your status via text message on your cell phone. It applies to iPhone, iPod, WAP and SMS text messaging in the US, Canada and Europe (text message rates apply).
Ping.fm even allows you to post messages on your instant messenger programs such as Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, AIM and Windows Live Messenger. Basically, ping.fm posts messages WHEREVER you WANT it to post!
It is really is the perfect “virtual assistant” when it comes to social networking. Ping.fm supports over 40 social networking sites including the big players such as Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com ), Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/ ), MySpace ( http://www.myspace.com/ ), LinkedIn ( http://www.linkedin.com/ ), etc.
• Sign up for a free account and fill out your profile information
• Add your desired social networking sites accounts you want to update to your Dashboard
• Your Dashboard is your main hub – it allows you to add social networking sites, Instant messaging programs, cell phone information, etc. so you can send out one update simultaneously to all your sites
• You need to have accounts set up for each social networking site before you can add sites to your Dashboard (you probably already have accounts set up with these sites already so it will be easy to add to your Dashboard)
• There are over 100 3rd party web/desktop applications available to make it easier to update/send messages. Some of the featured applications include: HootSuite, Tweetie, Ping Fire, Pingle, Notify.me and Blip.fm
User-Friendly Services – Update Anywhere, Anytime
• Email – You receive a private email via your account that allows you to post updates from this email address. Just send a standard email from your computer or mobile phone to update your status!
• iGoogle Gadget – Allows you to post ping.fm to your personalized Google page – allows you to update easily from your iGoogle dashboard
• Conduit Toolbar – The browser toolbar makes it very easy to send updates directly from your browser. You don’t have to log into your account every time you want to send messages/updates
• Seesmic Video – Allows you to record videos straight from your webcam and post to your social networking sites (via your ping.fm account)
Thanks Zeke for helping us out. I learned some new tricks to save me more time too!