Talk ’bout a Great way to wean back into my partial-part-time weaning schedule…but to play around and have fun with this cool Logo Design software!
Now, mos tof u know I’m Not a designer, artist, nor techy-chick….FAR from it really!
BUT, as I get progressively better…I’ve been giving all my newfound energy, strenght and time to homeschooling my girls and we developed a daily class called “Creativity & Innovation”. Not your typical Art & Crafts or Science/Invention/Innovation class either.
We experiment, test things out, trial-and-error at its very best.
And, here comes along an opportunity to test-drive this logo design and creation software that has some high-claims, such as:
- “No other…logo design software offers this much power, flexibility …and quality!”
- “fun way to create stationery for your business … or client’s business!”
- logos the way you want! In your own time, at your own pace.
- Fast, easy and really affordable!
Anyways, I spent an absolutely fun, exciting, non-frustrating (‘cuz I get that way with new software) hour today!
Keep in mind, that I do NOT aspire to be a graphic artist or logo designer, but to be explore new opportunities for myself and my loyal followers (many who are Do-It-Yourselfers), I’m ALL for it!
Well, and that fact that my girls are really creative, innovated ‘lil entrepreneurs…this software is THAT easy to use that we scheduled time to play with it during our new C&I hour this week
So, here’s my take on things:
- WOW! It’s totally user-friendly, easy-to-use, and a Fun way to truly custom design professional-looking logos.
- I was able to narrow down (in just in 1-hour flat) 3 acceptable designs, to change colors, fonts, rotate, slant or move the location of the text,
- Move images in, around & Out of the logo “drawing board”
- Import personal images into the logo, manipulate, roate, paste and organize multiple images for my own unique look and feel.
I was thinking and marveling at the fact that I, a words-craftswoman, was able to actually create a digitally appropriate and actually very personal/professional look and feel…yay, me
Now, here are some things to think about:
- EmpowerWomenNow.com’s custom logos were designed professionally for $100s (non-disclosable) for full vector files,
- When I considered other Do-It-Yourselfer softwares, the one I was considering cost $99, and I was NOT able to import my own images, but most importantly, I would be paying for ONE logo design–period. I would have paid for the “right” to use the software for one design only!
For less than half-that price you can get an awesome software to design, re-design, over & over again…possibly even become proficient to design logos for others…hmm…
Some tips to share in my exploration hour:
- I cut, cropped and changed my images in Microsoft Publisher before importing them into the logo “drawing board” because I couldn’t find (or didn’t have the time or patience to find) if you can do it directly in LogoCreator.
- If you’re not happy with what you’re designing, no matter what, save a copy and make a folder with all the works-in-progress…because when you’re exploring the multiple templates, you may find that you liked the “idea” you just had…and not saving means starting all over again. Trust me…I did it
- Search and explore ALL the options in your chosen “Categories” first. You’ll be totally surprised what you can cut & paste from the Many templates they already have to custom make your own!
- For example, the “Real Estate” category has so many cool houses within the different logos to strip from, “Travel & Leisure” has creative ways to play around with natural settings that I really liked, “Corporate” etc…
- Just search and look before you venture on making your own from scratch…I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what’s already available for you to move & manipulate!
If you decide to give it a whirl, please share your experience below!