Article Submission is *never* easy, but simple? Yes!
As one of my self-assigned projects, I’m researching Article Submission
Major tip: Use your blog URL not your homepage (if different than you blog’s URL) like I was doing. Thanks Michelle for sharing your research on Technorati!
Here’s what I found in my research, the Pros & Cons–if you will.
1. Never heard of it/them; and article submission is one of my most beloved internet marketing techniques: CON.
2. Here’s general stats: Alexa ranking ~ 154,ooo, PageRank 4, in business (or had the website since) November 2005…hmm: NEUTRAL.
3. Check out their list of article directories/websites they submit to here, and have *not* heard of many of these! they don’t even have the top 3 article directory sites listed! Major CON.
4. Pricing: $29.99 for submission of one-article to 300-400 sites (so they say). Couldn’t find any guarantees, email confirmations, check lists to see where they were “really” getting sent. Bad, bad CON!
5. On top of that they have certain “specials” for their one-site itself, such as for an extra $5/month your article will be featured on their homepage. But, as I can see there’s one one-paragraph of an article on their home page…the same article all day. So, I don’t get it!? Sell one space for the whole month and that’s it.
Okay…I think you got my drift without going to anymore depressing details.
(I’m keeping my one-month subscription, then canceling. Thankfully, I did the research for you, huh?)
1. I’ve known about them for years and have colleagues who successfully have been using and promoting their services during all this time. PRO.
2. Alexa ranking ~21,000, Google PageRank: 4, been in business since October 2003. Better: PRO.
3. Highly reputable list of article submission sites and directories, including the top 3 article directories. Yippee! PRO.
4. Pricing: $32.00 per month for 8 articles to be submitted within the month!
There’s email notification when an article is released, you get your own RSS feed URL for that article and submitted on their site for publication, there’s a Free option for a ArticleLeverage software that allows you to adjust headlines, content and re-work the article so you could potentially have up to 5 different versions of one article with only ~20 minutes extra of work–it’s way cool! I just tried it for the first time and look forward to the results. [After 2 edits of articles already published and circulated to my Top 3 article directories…they finally got submitted]
5. There are many more PROs that I can list, but rather hear it from myself, just hop over now and start submitting.
Other important information regarding how powerful article submission to article directories sites:
a. My Top 3 internet marketing techniques (because of link backs, online branding, and expert positioning) are:
b. As a blogger, you can easily re-word, revise, and edit your top blogposts and change them into articles. To submit an article to an article directory, the word count ranges from 350-2000 words. The ideal size is 500-800 words/article.
c. I will keep you posted on the stats generated by articles submitted through SubmitYourArticles.com
I can say it’s a killer savings to hiring my VA for $25/hour to submit 1-6 article to my top 3 websites, and 3 niche websites. I can’t recall what she’s able to do in one-hour.
On the high-end if she submits 6 articles to 6 websites in one-hour for $25 I’d only guarantee 36 link-backs.
While they’re all sent to article distribution centers and chances are great for PageRank, visibility, and pick-up by bloggers, website owners/publishers, etc. 36 does not compare to the hundreds of sites for 8 articles!
On the low-end of submitting 8 articles to only 100 article directories, for $37 I’d gurantee at least 800 link-backs. With the same exposure, PageRank ability, and visibility, since they submit to the top 3 article distribution centers and much more!
Do the math–there’s NO comparison!
iSnare.com versus ArticleMarketer.com? Both!
Vince of VinceCordic.com shared two more interesting article submission services. While I did not detail each service as the above ones here’s my quick run-down:
- PageRank 6, Alexa ranking 9,259, been online since August 2004. PRO-better than SubmitYourArticles.com
- A unique article distribution service that sends your articles to over 40,000 website publishers/editors seeking unique content and to over 150 article distribution websites. This would be great exposure for more targeted marketing to niche websites! PRO-better than SubmitYourArticles.com
- They base their program on a per credit program for the number of articles you want to submit to each month. As detailed below: PRO-cheaper than SubmitYourArticles.com
Article Distribution Credit Packages
Price Number of Credits / Number of Articles to Distribute
$10 5 Article Distribution Credits (distribute 5 articles)
$18 10 (+2 bonus) Article Distribution Credits (distribute 12 articles )[This is what I’m doing!]
$38 25 (+3 bonus) Article Distribution Credits (distribute 28 articles )
$49 40 (+5 bonus) Article Distribution Credits (distribute 45 articles )
$71 65 (+10 bonus) Article Distribution Credits (distribute 75 articles )
$100 100 (+15 bonus) Article Distribution Credits (distribute 115 articles )
Platinum Distribute 200+ articles per month with lots of benefits for $59.95/mo. recurring. [This is what Vince does.]
- What’s cool is they have a iSnare Referral Program – Earn Free Distribution Credits! So we can gain credits for our referrals, to at least try the services. I signed-up for at least $10 to give them a whirl.
(for long-term investment–if you have the money now! Cheapest with the farthest potential reach, traffic, and link-backs)
- Google PageRank 5, Alexa ranking 8,898, online since May 2005! Wowser–I had *no* idea how young they were! PRO-better than SubmitYourArticles.com
- They distribute to 2 of 3 top favorite sites, and a host of other highly-reputatble ones I actually know about. PRO-equal to SubmitYourArticles.com
- They describe their unique services on one single page, so just hop over and take a look here. PRO-better than SubmitYourArticles.com
- Here are their program choices PRO-cheaper than SubmitYourArticles.com:
- Tremendous Exposure – 3 MONTHS of UNLIMITED DISTRIBUTION. Subscribe now and distribute an Unlimited Number of Articles to the Complete List of Editors & Publishers for Three Months – $79.99 per quarter
- Long Lasting Exposure – UNLIMITED ARTICLES – TWO Full Years. Subscribe now and submit as many articles as you like to the Complete List of Editors & Publishers over the course of a full year – only $199.99 per year (and for a limited time, your second year is FREE). [Ponn: This is what I’m highly-considering, but
I’m waiting for Vince’s thoughts and experiences first. He has the next level. The thing holding me back right now is, there’s not a great (none actually) refund guarantee.]
- Everlasting Exposure – UNLIMITED ARTICLES – Lifetime (BEST VALUE) Subscribe now and distribute as many articles as you like to the Complete List of Editors & Publishers for a lifetime – for a single payment of $499.99 [This is what Vince does].
- Now, that I conducted the research, its time to turn-it-over to my Virtual Assistants, to apply, test and track our results and report back to you with our findings. I know, it’ll be positive!
By the way, I’m so glad Wendy decided to have this Mastermind project. This was on my To-Do List…almost like forever…and with a little shove, I got it done in one-day! Phew…Please share what you think about this post below. Is this what you were expecting? If you’re new to the whole idea of article submission look again at this post here. Now, to project #2.
Want to Do-It-Yourself? Here’s a Updated List of Article Directories to submit to yourself. Yay, my Top 2 remain the Top2. But, IdeaMarketer.com (always in the Top 3) dropped dramatically. Notice, iSnare.com is way up there too!